Sunday, September 19, 2010

The too long week...

I can't believe the weekend's nearly over.  I really need another three or four days to recoup from last week.  Of all the bad weeks, last week was the worst I've had in a long time.  I know I'm not the only one, either... maybe there's something in the air? Or the planets are aligned for misery?  Ugh, from a no-go root canal to a pregnancy scare, this last week can take a long walk off a short pier.  Sadly, it doesn't work that way, does it?  Bad weeks always get away without punishment.  Meanwhile, I'm left feeling like the tragic hero (yeah, not quite the right word there) who's suffered more than I deserved.  Welcome to my pity party... I feel like such a whiner.

So, Monday I woke up feeling so sick.  Not just a little woozy, like usual, but so, so, so sick.  I dragged my ass around all morning, contemplated staying home from work, but decided against it.  Because I had a root canal scheduled for Monday afternoon I figured I might as well just go to work.  What didn't occur to me is that I was actually sick.  My tooth was killing me, and had been all night, which was making my ear hurt.  The pain in my ear was making me dizzy, which was making me nauseous.  Couple that with having not slept and my assumption was that the sick was a result of the pain and the tired.  So, when I got off work at 1pm Matt and I went to grab a bit to eat.  I didn't eat much, because I was sick, but it turns out that was the wrong thing to do.

When I got to the dentist, made payment arrangements, and sat down in the chair I was still feeling sick.  I decided against the conscious sedation, largely because I was afraid it would make me more sick than I already was.  According to the dentist, I was right, if I'd taken the meds I'd have started throwing up. Not what I wanted to do, at all, so I rescheduled my root canal for October 19th.  Honestly, it wasn't just the sick, it was the fact that I'd eaten an hour before and the fact that my tooth is infected again.  Add all that together and I the conditions were completely wrong. So, I went home instead.  Or, would have gone home if Matt's phone hadn't been on silent.  When I came out of the dentist, early, I called and texted but got nothing.  After about 10 minutes of the same, still unable to get a hold of him and feeling miserable, I called Melanie to see if she could come get me.  She did, so I went to her house and continued to try to get ahold of him, which I was able to do after about another ten minutes.  Very annoyed, I went home and went to sleep.

Not a great start to the week.  Tuesday I woke up feeling sick again, but not sick enough that I stayed home.  Instead, I went to work and battled against the woozy feeling.  Tuesdays are my long day, we're talking at the school from 7:30am until after 9pm.  I really, really hate Tuesdays.  Turns out that one of my labs on Tuesdays has some problem students, which makes the day even longer.  By the time Tuesday was done, all I had time to do was sleep.  I didn't really eat, I just worked and slept. I know it's not good to skip meals, but who has time to eat?

I was sick again on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.  I've been waking up sick every morning for the last several weeks.  So, it was Wednesday morning, when I told Matt I still wasn't feeling well, that he decided that I might be pregnant.  At the very least, though I was pretty sure that wasn't the case, he wanted me to take the test.  Better to know than not know, right?  So, while I worked, he went and got me a pregnancy test.  I took it at mid-day when I went home for my break.  It was, of course, negative and though I knew it would be, when it said no I was relieved.  The last thing I need, or want, is a baby.  I don't like kids, but also, I don't have time for that.

Still, waking up nauseous everyday is making my life miserable.  I know it's just the combination of nerves and... I don't know, stress maybe?  I just don't feel like I could really be stressed, it's only the end of the first month of classes.  How I could I be stressed already?  I think it's just the fact that working and going to school is more work than I have ever done before.  I'm not in terribly good shape and I don't have time to work out or worry about what I'm eating.  I hardly feel like I have enough time to work, do school work, and squeeze in a little bit of sleep.   Having a job that I'm not 100% comfortable with is making me feel flustered.  Doing presentations and standing up in front of people all the time is making me constantly nervous and shaky.

Thursday morning I had to give a presentation to a group of 70 students. They were nice students, it was quick and went well, but it was also terrifying. Friday I had to give another, to another class, and while Thursday's class was nice, Friday's class couldn't have been less interested.  The professor wasn't there and the other girl, who I think was probably there to give another presentation of some sort, wasn't particularly nice.  And, I get to give another presentation to a class on Tuesday afternoon.  All these presentations are doing a number to my nerves.

Needless to say, by the time this week was over, I was never happier to see one go.  The weekend's been remarkably short and I'm wondering where it has gone?  I need more time, more days to recoup from last week's mayhem. I guess I'll just have to be contented with the two days off I did have.  I need to go make dinner now... might as well eat on the weekend. I hope your week was better than mine.